Friday, August 26, 2011

When to Pay Full Price Tag

I don't often advocate paying full price for something, because I'm a budget girl. Sale-hunting is a sport to me - I pride myself in finding deals on quality clothing for a great price.

HOWEVER, there are times when a budget girl should pay full price. Most of the time when we pay full price, we'll justify it by the number of times we think we'll wear something. Which is exactly what I do when I buy White House Black Market clothing.

I was a loyal WHBM shopper before and after I was employed by the store years ago. If you know anything about what some call "the white and black store," you know they aren't for everyone's budget. Don't get me wrong, when they have a sale you can get some amazing deals but it's not always available to me at full sticker.

More than 6 years ago, I bought my favorite pair of white pants I've ever owned from WHBM. I bought them fresh off the rack, at the time for about $60, and I've worn them so much it's probably equated to $0.10 per wear by now.

If there's one thing you need to know about me, it's that I'm not a girl who can wear white without spilling something on it (God help me as a bride). Now you may be wondering why the HELL I would buy white pants, and part of the reason is because I didn't know this fact until after I bought the pants.

And I may horrify some of you after I tell you all the things I've spilled on these pants, but here it goes: coffee, mustard, soy sauce, marinara, chocolate ice cream, black dust from my car, and probably even more that my memory won't allow me to dredge up at the moment.

Recently one more stain has been added to the list, and I'm pretty sure it's red dye. You'd think from this list my pants should look like a veritable rorschach of white clothing enemies. Surprised to say, those pants are still just as white and pristine as the first day I plucked them off the rack. And here's my proof...

One morning this week, I picked up my white pants in anticipation of putting them on immediately. Instead, I was immediately horrified by an offensive, bright red stain that ran down almost the entire back right leg of the pants.
My pants before, and yes, it was as bad as it looks.
You would think that by looking at them, I should just immediately throw them in the garbage. Never! So I slapped some OxyClean gel stick on, washed them, and prayed. It didn't take one wash, it took about half a dozen plus 3/4 of a stick of OxyClean Max Force, but they look brand-spanking-new again!
My pants after - amazing, right?!
If my horrifying pant story can be a lesson for anything it's to say that paying full price for amazing quality will save you more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment