Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Fashion Guide: 5 Tips to Steal from 'Pan Am'

We're only 2 episodes in and I'm already in love with "Pan Am." It's no secret that I'm a fan of  vintage-inspired looks (i.e my Marilyn Monroe obsession), but there's definitely a pattern associated with fall/winer and vintage.

So, in honor of my new favorite show, here are 5 fall style tips to steal from "Pan Am."

1. Winged eye-liner.
I know I don't usually give beauty tips, but this one just can't be passed up! Wearing this trend is easy and oh-so glamorous. It's as simple as 1. apply foundation, 2. apply blush, 3. apply eyeliner, 4. apply lip color - done! YouTube has a whole array of options to help you learn how to perfect the trend too.

2. Trapeze coats or capes.

Not-so-structured coats like these are all over the runways. If you don't like the trapeze style, you could also opt for a stylish cape instead.

3. Let your accessories add a pop of color.

I love how colorful the accessories are this year! Winter's no longer about just primary dark colors. Now you can add richness and brighten up your look with accessories. Hunter green bauble earrings like these are very classic, but you could buy a pair with a modern twist to suit your style.

4. Try on vintage silhouettes.

Not only are the colors on that red frock to-die-for, but the shape is also falttering for many body types. It accents and cinches the waist to give you an hourglass figure, and the dip in the back gives it a sultry touch. To get the look, try a brilliant-hued dress like this from Mod Cloth. 

5. Mix casual tops wth dressy skirts.

I am so in love with this look because it's chic and sexy without too much effort. Try pairing a classic pencil skirt, or a mid waist A-line skirt (H&M has tons of options), with a basic white or black cotton top. It's great for work and play!

How do you feel about these vintage-inspired looks? Will you be trying them? I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment